Riders of the Apocalypse

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Riders of the Apocalypse
Riders of the Apocalypse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
<Riders of the Apocalypse> and <The Dark Brotherhood> Guild Coalition

Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:11 pm by Nandiux

Greetings...
I am pleased to infor you that both <Riders of the Apocalypse> and <The Dark Brotherhood> have made a Guild Coalition. This means that both guilds will be helping each other in several amoun of stuff such as pve, pvp and also make new friends in the process.

Now for both guilds to easily communicate Me and Whisle (Guild Maser of the Dark Brotherhood) have created a chat …

Comments: 27

EPGP and all you need to Know

Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:45 pm by Admin

Well if you have notices we have talk a lot about EPGP lately well we are still decidind the exact usage of this addon for ROTA but we are already using it in a Beta Phase and we already decided it will be used for GBank so for you to Understand How It Works Read This 3 Posts

Acepted Items For GBank

EPGP addon!

EPGP explanation

EPGP Alts MUST READ THIS!!!

Comments: 0

Recruit
ClassRecruitment Status
Death Knight Open
Druid
Open
Hunter
Open
Mage
Open
Paladin
Open
Priest
Open
Rogue
Open
Shaman
Open
Warlock
Open
Warrior
Open

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Hello, hello, hello
Slash’s Paladin Tanking 101 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 7:18 pm by Poteten

» What is up
Slash’s Paladin Tanking 101 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 7:09 pm by Poteten

» I'm gonna be a GM
Slash’s Paladin Tanking 101 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:53 am by Angerix

» Application planktonliver
Slash’s Paladin Tanking 101 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 3:28 am by planktonliverr

» Guildie Pics (go away nan)
Slash’s Paladin Tanking 101 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 4:27 pm by Frostruin

» LoL
Slash’s Paladin Tanking 101 EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 4:11 pm by Zorphose

» Good Bye Friends
Slash’s Paladin Tanking 101 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 7:25 am by Deviator

» inv me in your gild pls :D
Slash’s Paladin Tanking 101 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 4:37 pm by PrototypeX

» about him
Slash’s Paladin Tanking 101 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 12:04 pm by Guest

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Slash’s Paladin Tanking 101

+2
Crazychester
Slash (Supreme Overlord)
6 posters

Go down

Did you find this helpful?

Slash’s Paladin Tanking 101 I_vote_lcap100%Slash’s Paladin Tanking 101 I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 8 ]
Slash’s Paladin Tanking 101 I_vote_lcap0%Slash’s Paladin Tanking 101 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8

Slash’s Paladin Tanking 101 Empty Slash’s Paladin Tanking 101

Post  Slash (Supreme Overlord) Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:45 pm

Find yourself constantly losing aggro?
Thinking the dps fails even though they’re “well geared”?
Getting one shotted?

Then this guide is for you!
Within this guide is the step by step instructions to pally tanking. I decided to make this post because I repediatly see protection paladins making major mistakes

1. What seals should I use?
I’m not going to lie this bothers me the most. I constantly see protection paladins using seal of wisdom. Why? They always claim they need the mana. While using this seal a paladin loses threat causing the dps to slow down so they don’t pull aggro. Instead a paladin tank should be using Seal of Corruption for bosses and Seal of Righteousness for mobs Seal of Righteousness gives better threat per swing so its better for picking up mobs and Seal of Corruption gives better threat over time if a fights gonna last awhile on one target seal of corruption gives you better threat.

2. If I cant use Seal of Wisdom how do I gain mana?
Guarded by the light has been working for several months what it does is it refreshes Divine Pleaevery time you hit a target. On top of that Spiritual Attunement gives you mana every time your healed it’s a passive buff so you don’t even have to think about it. Finally Greater Blessing of Sanctaryeven though it wont show up on your buff bar it does work ive tested it. the only problem is if you have multiple paladin tanks in a raid if someone casts GBOS in the raid the target is the only one that gets the buff. If the buff is showing up on your buff bar your not benefiting from it. (go figure). With all of this working there is no excuse to use Seal of Wisdom while tanking.

3. How do I pull?
To pull use either Hand of Reckoning or Avenger's Shield I will use the shield when im tanking but only because ive got Glyph of the Avenger's Shield
*if you don’t have that glyph don’t use it it will aggro everything.*

4. What rotation should I use?
Consecration , Shield of the Righteous , Holy Shield , Hammer of the Righteous and a Judgment (your choice).

Just as a recommendation use Judgment of the light for bosses and Judgment of Wisdom for mobs. mobs wont hit you as much so the healers wont heal you causing you to go oom if you don’t use judgment of wisdom

5. What Stats Should I Stack?
Short answer: Stamina and Defense (recommended)
Long answer: once you hit 541 Defense start stacking more into dodge (dodge gives more avoidance per point than parry). This is only recommended for tanks that are only going to be tanks. If you’re a casual tank don’t bother. (only for advanced).

When in doubt log onto your character and type in

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(5.6-((GetCombatRatingBonus(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL))*.04+GetCombatRatingBonus(CR_CRIT_TAKEN_MELEE)),1,0.5,0)

If its positive your crittable if its 0 or negative your uncrittable. You want 0 or a negative number.

*it doesn’t work for druid tanks*

*MAKE SURE THAT Divine Plea and Righteous Fury is up whenever starting to clear or attack a boss.*

When in doubt use Retail guides there are very few bugs left in Paladin tanks.

I don’t mind people discussing this post. But if you try to defend Seal of Wisdom users I will remove your post. You have been warned.

*i know i didnt mention Seal of Command but i dont use it (i felt the points were better spent elsewhere) and there is a huge fight over it for mob tanking. SOR gives better damage per judgment while Seal of Command gives better damage per swing.

Last edited by Slash (Supreme Moron) on Wed May 05, 2010 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Slash (Supreme Overlord)
Slash (Supreme Overlord)

Back to top Go down

Slash’s Paladin Tanking 101 Empty Re: Slash’s Paladin Tanking 101

Post  Crazychester Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:26 pm

Nice guide!
I would like to note that 540 defense makes you uncrushable against a lvl 83 mob (raid bosses), 535 for heroic dungeons. This comes out to be 689 defense rating from gear. Once you hit that target, it is generally good to stack stamina (blue sockets and red/yellow when there is a bonus such as +hit) and avoidance (I like defense since it adds to your total avoid, but dodge is good too).
As a note, the golden ratio of defense to dodge is 3:1 (for every 3 points of defense rating, have 1 of dodge rating). This maximizes your avoidance by stacking the strongest stat with the lowest DR, as well as giving you parry and block.
Crazychester
Crazychester

Back to top Go down

Post  Nandiux Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:31 pm

awesome guid Slash! +1 for this guide...

Nandiux
Ryder of WTF
Ryder of WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  PrototypeX Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:53 am

This is a PRO guide Smile
I like it. gj
PrototypeX
PrototypeX
"El Cangri"
Slash’s Paladin Tanking 101 Default6

Back to top Go down

Post  Slash (Supreme Overlord) Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:56 am

ty
i dont think its doing what i intended though. it was really meant as an education tool for some of the paladin tanks within the guild. problem is that most of the paladin tanks probably dont realize theyre tanking wrong. after all unless you check the changelog all the time you might miss some of the more crutial bugfixes like the Guarded by the light fix. i wont make it any secret until that update happened paladin tanks shouldve never been alowed in raids (myself included, i used to have to ask Mookow for innervate). also most people wont use GBOS because it doesnt show up on thier buff bar they dont think it works. so they end up using SOW as a way to keep thier mana up and while it will keep your mana up as we've seen above the threat suffers because of it.

i refuse to name any names.

im kindof debating on whether to post it on magic's forum, tell me your opinion. do you think it will be useful there?

*im partialy adding this post so it goes back on the list of new posts; more chance of being read.
Slash (Supreme Overlord)
Slash (Supreme Overlord)

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiki Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:59 am

I suggest u post it all there.
Shiki
Shiki
Guru Ryder
Guru Ryder

Back to top Go down

Post  PrototypeX Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:09 am

+1
PrototypeX
PrototypeX
"El Cangri"
Slash’s Paladin Tanking 101 Default6

Back to top Go down

Post  Soulbound Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:27 pm

Good guide....it makes alot of sense and im sure it'll help out the tanking pallies Smile

post it on magic forums.... +1

Soulbound

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down